Pallet Brick Bar-Top Project Progress

I started a project in October. After numerous delays, (weather, holidays, and daylight savings time) I have jumped back on the ball with my “pallet bricked” bar-height table. Just wanted to give y’all a little update on the progress I made today. I took some shots to show what I was able to get done! (with the help of my roommates Eric and Kyle, of course.)

Pictured here is the base of the table. The entire outside is made up of pallet that has been aged/weathered, has been cut down to 1 1/4″x… pretty much any length. (This is the part that has been done since October.) IMG_7253

TODAY, I was able to get crackin’ on the top of this behemoth. I’ve chosen to pour concrete to cap it off… I like the texture… very raw and simple, and with similarities to the base, but enough contrast so as to avoid the whole “denim on denim phenomenon. I took a couple shots of the mold that I will use to pour the top two inches of the table. IMG_7249IMG_7251IMG_7250

I’ll keep you posted on the rest of the progress that I make! Hopefully pouring concrete this coming Saturday. Feel free to comment with advice, tips, or questions if you have any! Wish me luck! God bless.

 

Andrew

Advertisements

4 Comments Add yours

  1. Diana says:

    Really beautiful! Great job! 🙂

    1. andalexander says:

      Hey thanks Nathalia!!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s