Break me.

I want to be broken.

I want to go back to the passion that I once had for something bigger than me.

I want to feel a solitude so great I find myself forced into the company of the Holy Spirit.

I want to be re-broken so that snarled sentences and small slights trigger wrinkles beside my eyes.

I want to be so broken, that when I see love, It would make me feel as though I’m looking at your face.

I want to be broken again because I know the only thing to fear in this world is you.

Break me in a way that make my faith steadfast.

DSC_2800

I want to be destroyed, only to be put back together; fortified.

I want to be re-broken to deepen my love for the broken.

I want to know the character of the world by experiencing it when nobody is looking.

My prayer is that the world tears me apart, and brings me down.

I want to remove myself from my spiritual comfort zone; from my high.

…Only then can he humble me again.

I want new humility.

The creator which I fear will re-assemble my brokenness and make me whole again.

I want to be broken.

Andrew.

Advertisements

7 Comments Add yours

1. loridraper says:

Powerful.

2. Diana Wilson says:

WOW!!! The way you live life is inspiring, and you live like you have a passion for the broken! You have a heart for others and that is what we are called to do.
    Philippians 2:5-11, explains this, and I have witnessed you living this out and you are constantly learning and growing and applying it to “real” life. You ARE humble and that is what draws people to you. The peace in your life is obvious. You are such an encourager and that is a true spiritual gift that you are using to help others.
    I love this quote: “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
    You seem to life like this!!
    Your blog is awesome, interesting, and encouraging. <

1. andalexander says:

Thank you so much Mrs. Diana! I love that quote as well. So simple, yet so hard to apply. Taking baby steps! Looking forward to getting my hands dirty!

3. Alicia Rye says:

These blog posts are incredibly inspirational and passionate.

1. andalexander says:

Thanks so much Alicia! God is near you.

4. ellenlogan92 says:

Beautifully written! Love this! So inspiring!

1. andalexander says:

Oh, you’re too kind! Thanks so much!